Below is a summary of rules you need to follow if you want to have an account on this server of Mastodon:
NNIA stands for Non Normative Identities Alliance, a group for marginalized and stigmatized demographics. The purpose of the movement is promotion of health and support for these people, public awareness in absence of shame and thought policing.
NNIA was introduced as a concept on MAP twitter in 2019, as an attempt to find a common ground between the MAP community, the other paraphiliacs, queer people who don't want to discriminate against others, mentally ill people. We all have to live being stereotyped as predatory and less than human, and it's time to unite and make our voices heard.
The primary purpose of NNIA as a server is to connect people of marginalized identities who are under threat of silencing and erasure on mainstream social media and give them a space to talk and a feeling of stability. This is not a discussion platform between paraphiliacs and antis. However, polite and rational questions from occasional viewers are welcome.
- introduce yourself;
- explain why you're interested in us.
Blank applications and unspecific applications (“I want to check it out”, “I want to meet people”) will be rejected. This is a site for minorities and supporters of minorities, so please, indicate that you understand it and want to be a part of it.
An easily accessible link with contact discourse information:
Things you need to know:
1. Mastodon is a network of servers, each with its own staff, that permits anyone from any server to interact with anyone from any other server. This server is ours. But you can go chat with people from elsewhere.
2. You are going to have 3 timelines. Home timeline will give you everyone you follow, Local will show everyone from NNIA whether you follow them or no (but only original posts, no replies), Federated will give you all content our members interact with, from any Mastodon server.
3. You can regulate the degree of privacy of your posts. The globe icon that appears below the text as you write indicates public posting. You can change it by clicking on it.
4. We as admins have access to everyone’s emails, and we’re not going to abuse this knowledge, but we recommend getting separate mails for map activities anyway. We no longer log IPs, but a VPN, such as Proton VPN, or Betternet, is still recommended.
5. There are Mastodon mobile apps. Tusky for Android and Tootle for Apple are the most popular ones.
6. The mod group watches members of other servers that interact with us. In case of any dangerous behavior (attempts to solicit illegal materials, doxxing threats, aggressive bigotry), their accounts will be banned from interacting with this server.
Mastodon generally allows you to view content from and interact with users from any other server in the fediverse. These are the exceptions that have been made on this particular server.
Media files from these servers will not be processed or stored, and no thumbnails will be displayed, requiring manual click-through to the original file:
Posts from these servers will be hidden in public timelines and conversations, and no notifications will be generated from their users interactions, unless you are following them:
No data from these servers will be processed, stored or exchanged, making any interaction or communication with users from these servers impossible: